Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Peter Bradbury Interview


Interview with
Peter C. Bradbury,
Author of Stonebridge Manson         

Questions: R. Murry

Can you tell me a little about yourself?

I’m an out of work English butler living in Rio Vista, California, USA.  It’s situated on the delta between Sacramento and San Francisco.  I’m a big soccer fan and golfer.  I moved to the USA in 1994 after marrying my beautiful American wife.

Do you remember the first story you wrote?

No, I don’t.  Stonebridge Manor is my first published novel.

Were you inspired by someone or something?

I’m always asked what it’s like to be a butler, working for very wealthy people.  So, I wrote this novel.

What do you like about writing a story?

I like getting into the flow of it and because of that I tend to write in spurts, rather than doing a certain number of words every day.

Can you tell us about your book?

Stonebridge Manor is a murder mystery set in a huge English mansion very similar to the one I worked in.  Rather than being set in the twenties like the novels Downtown Abbey or the thirties Remains of the Day, its set in the nineties

What genre best fits for the book?

English Murder Mystery

Are you working on something new at the moment?

Yes, I’ve already completed books two and three and am now writing number four.  I was recently taken on by a publishing house who will be publishing three and four and re-publishing Stonebridge Manor and book number two Prospects.  That was about serial killing brothers in San Francisco, which was inspired by the amount of missing people there are.

Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

I think too many get caught up in theory, and they must do this and do that.  Just write the story.  Somerset Maugham once said, “There are three rules for writing, but I can’t remember them.”  I totally agree.

Where can people go to read your work?

People can read the first three chapters of Stonebridge Manor at:   http://petercbradbury.wordpress.com/

Do you have anything to add?

I can be found at http://www.donnaink.org/ and https://petercbradbury.com/  along with twitter @petercbradbury and at Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AuthorPeterC.Bradbury

Although I’m now with a publisher, it takes time for them to publish your work as there is a lot to it, especially before a book is published.  As an Indie author, you don’t even think about that stuff, it’s all about getting the book out first.  I will continue to support and promote other authors as long as I’m able to.  I’m now bound to my publisher’s wishes.

Good luck to everyone who has a book out there or is writing one, persevere, but tell your story in your own style.

Author Roy Murry,  Thank you for having me.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interrogation Roy! He sure seems to know a lot about murder! Peter kinda makes it seem interesting. I mean his book - "Stonebridge Manor" not the murdering.
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad Mr. Bradbury shackled his creative works by placing them in the cuffs of a publishing house. I do plan on buying the book (Amazon of course or Smashwords)before it becomes too impossible to get anything.

    ReplyDelete