Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Interview with Cindy Blackburn

Interview of Cindy Blackburn  
Author of Playing with Poison


Questions: R. Murry


Can you tell me a little about yourself? I’m kind of boring. That’s why I write about Jessie. She’s far more fascinating! Me? I was born in Vermont, raised in NJ, and now live in SC. I read, write, walk, drink wine, play with my cat, and do typical middle aged lady stuff.



Do you remember the first story you wrote? I wrote a story about my pet hamster Hazel when I was 6. My mother liked it!

Were you inspired by someone or something? Other writers inspire me, as do my friends in Sisters in Crime, the Romance Writers of America, and my critique group. And, my hubby John has encouraged me from the get-go

What do you like about writing a story? I love writing dialogue. I love it when my characters start speaking for themselves and I’m just there as the secretary recording what they tell me to.

Can you tell us about your book? Murder meets menopause. Take a guess which wins. Pool shark Jessie Hewitt usually knows where the balls will fall and how the game will end. But when a body lands on her couch and the cute cop in her kitchen accuses her of murder, even Jessie isn't sure what will happen next. Playing With Poison is a cozy mystery with a lot of humor, a little romance, and far too much champagne.

What genre best fits for the book? Cozy Mystery

Are you working on something new at the moment? Yes! Thanks for asking! Book four in the Cue Ball Mysteries, FOUR PLAY should be ready sometime in November.

Do you have any tips for aspiring writers? Write every day, even if only for a few minutes. Join local writers groups. Writers are nice people and very willing to share their knowledge and skills.

Where can people go to read your work? All three Cue Ball Mysteries are available on Amazon! And my website has some more details about me and the books. That’s at www.cueballmysteries.com

Do you have anything to add? Just  I give you a big huge thanks for letting me join you today. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment