Sunday, March 2, 2014

Interview with Terry Tyler

Interview with Terry Tyler, author of

What It Takes 

and other contemporary dramas  

Questions: R. Murry

Can you tell me a little about yourself?
I’ve published six contemporary drama novels on Amazon, and a collection of short stories.  I have a personal blog, and also one on UK Arts Directory which is about self-publishing.  I live in the north east of England with my husband.

Do you remember the first story you wrote?
No, but it was probably something extremely embarrassing when I was a child!

Were you inspired by someone or something?
I can’t remember; probably by the stories I read myself at that age

What do you like about writing a story?
I find that hard to answer.  I suppose I just like to be able to read what I have in my head.  I don’t know why I write, at all!

Can you tell us about your book?
What It Takes is a family drama about three sisters, and it explores the issues of obsession, jealousy and insecurity, and the lengths to which people will go to win the heart of the person they love.

What genre best fits for the book?
Romantic suspense/contemporary drama.

Are you working on something new at the moment?
I’m currently writing a light Christmas novella.

Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?
Probably a little too many for an interview answer!  I wrote an article with dos and don’ts for first time novelists, here:

Where can people go to read your work?
Here is my Amazon.com page:

And Amazon UK:

Do you have anything to add?
Just to my past and current readers – thanks so much for all your wonderful reviews and messages to say that you enjoy what I write, and thank you for continuing to read my books!  To anyone who has not read something of mine, if you would like to try my
short stories first, they will be free for four days from March 20th.


Many thanks, Roy, for featuring me on your excellent blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment