Monday, September 22, 2014

Review of How Not to Murder Your Grumpy



How Not To Murder Your Grumpy

Written by Carol E. Wyer

Reviewed by Author Roy Murry

According Carol, I’m doing one of the activities her retired grumpy husband should be doing - I’m writing a review of her book. That book is an A to Z catalog of activities.

An activity should keep your elderly husband busy so he won’t be sitting around the house watching you doing household work or drinking your fourth cupa while reading the Mirror or Female First magazines. For non-Englishmen, cupa is a cup of tea.

I don’t have a wife, at the ripe old age of sixty-six, so I don’t think I fall under her definition as a grumpy. If you have read one of my blogs or books, you know that I’m a very active man. This is what she wants her grumpy to be – active and preferably out of the house early.

Ms. Wyer jokingly defines all the activities a person could do under the sun. Her definitions are clearly documented with who is the expert in many of those endeavors. Example: Ex-American National Football League player Roosevelt 'Rosey’ Grier renowned for his (N) needle point acumen. Would your man do this?

I believe that if a man is not active in his early years of marriage, Carol’s grump old man will have a difficulty in changing his ways. In her situations, I am assuming that grumpy man’s wife is a strong woman who can direct her hubby in the right direction to change his ways. If not, he won’t.

The book reads smoothly. It’s a fun almanac of activities with facts and dates to back up her reason for sending grumpy in the direction of each particular endeavor – well done.



No comments:

Post a Comment