Sunday, February 4, 2018

Review of 12 Rules of Life

12 Rules of Life
AN ANTIDOTE TO CHAOS

JORDAN B. PETERSON

Reviewed by Roy Murry, Author

"To Tell the TRUTH, or, at least, don't lie." one of Mr. Peterson "Rules," I'll pursue in this review, as I always do. I have watched some of his videos and listened to some debates he participated. The reason I bought this expensive book.

I was a little disappointed at first, but kept on reading, because I felt Jordan's sincerity in his words. However, I can say to you J. Peterson is not a Mark Twain whose writing brings smiles to my face when reading. Sad concern for the world came to mind reading Jordan's words.

Each chapter is a rule; all based somewhat on a Bible verse. Similar to a modern preacher, Peterson sounds better up and front, and in action, which I enjoyed immensely in the videos I watched. However, his writing was so articulate that I felt apathetic at times but kept on reading.

Some of his "Rules" did become clearer after my re-reading of the notes I took during my first read. Peterson is wordy and repetitive when getting his points across.

Peterson's philosophies and psychological interpretations of humanity were worth the read. As usual, I agreed with some and not others. Therefore, interested parties in those endeavors should purchase this man's understanding of humankind.



No comments:

Post a Comment