Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Review of THE AXE & GRINDSTONE

 


THE AXE & GRINDSTONE

Paul Phipps-Williams

Review by Author Roy Murry

 

I usually don't purchase horror novels; not my cup of tea. It's the same with movies. I find them silly. I picked up this novel because I think I got it free.

The only enjoyment I got from this novel was it centering around a pub. In small towns worldwide, the pub is where the people meet to discuss local and national news.

Mark Adams takes a position of honor running a pub in a land of horror by a lady he adores. At first, he is oblivious to the situation, he catches on, and then falls into a drunken dream or reality.

The elements he meets, human and non-human, define his life's introspection. How Adams lives through the adventure will be chilling to some readers, but it was not for me.

I had to be careful not to lose my place in reading this somewhat dull novel. However, I will say at times, the Scratching, a plague in the novel bothered me.

Mr. Phipps-Williams writes well, but as I said, horror is not a genre I like to read or watch in a movie. If you do enjoy horror, I recommend it to you.


Purchase:  https://amzn.to/39VBuM0

 

No comments:

Post a Comment