Monday, November 12, 2012

Cat Robinson


Interview with                   

Cat Holden Robinson


Question: R. Murry






Can you tell me a little about yourself?

I would love to.  I am a survivor of single motherhood, and anyone who has ever done this knows this is something of which one can be very proud.  I am a long time lover and performer in community theater.  I am a passionate animal lover and advocate, and I hope to one day open Tenth Life Sanctuary, a respite home for senior cats. 

Do you remember the first story you wrote?

I remember the first serious story I wrote was about a child who had come upon an accident in which another child had been seriously injured on a bicycle.  The rescuer had to make a perilous journey down a hill to rescue the victim.
Were you inspired by someone or something?

I was inspired to reevaluate my life after the loss of my father in 2006.  I had begun writing in 2005 after he was diagnosed with cancer.  After his death I really committed to completing a novel.  Writing was my sanctuary, the one place I felt safe and protected from the grief that threatened to overcome me.

What do you like about writing a story?

I love the journey.  Writing and reading allows to travel to another place without ever leaving the comfort of our favorite chair.  I love bringing characters and images to life, and more than anything I love to make people laugh.  I think writing, or any art for that matter, is a true gift.  The opportunity to put something beautiful into the world is amazing.

Can you tell us about your book?

My book follows Mona Lisa Siggs, as she struggles to cope with the tedium of everyday life.  Trapped in a marriage gone stale from boredom, Mona gets a makeover, recommits to her landfill of a marriage, and begins to embrace the joy that life has to offer. 

What genre best fits for the book?

Romantic comedy.

Are you working on something new at the moment?

I am always working on something new.  I am rewriting my first novel which has not yet made it to print.  I am doing a blog-to-book conversion of my hilarious comedy blog, Tommy's Tool Town, and I am working on a project titled, And Her Name Shall be Beloved, a poignant story of animal rescue.

Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?

Don't give up!  Learn as much as you can, even from the negative stuff.  Believe in yourself, your message, and your talent.  Surround yourself with a great team, and don't be afraid to ask for help.  Most of all, keep writing!

Where can people go to read your work?

Becoming Mona Lisa, and, The House of Roses, are available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Link: http://amzn.to/1jUmL3vhttp://amzn.to/1jUmL3v

Do you have anything to add?

I would like to thank anyone who has ever supported my writing, and those fans yet to come.  My ultimate goal is to open my animal rescue.  If you're supporting my writing, you're making that happen, and I adore you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment