Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Interview of Erika M. Szabo

Interview with Erika M. Szabo
Questions: R. Murry

Can you tell me a little about yourself?
Thank you for inviting me to your website Roy.
I’ve been writing Alternative Medicine related books in English and Hungarian. I love healing as passionately as I love to write and read. I was playing with the idea of writing a fantasy story peppered with historical facts for a while. The history of the Huns always fascinated me - they were my ancestors – and one day I started writing my Ilona the Hun trilogy.

Do you remember the first story you wrote?
I must have been about nine or ten; we had an assignment in school to write about our favorite pets. I wrote a 30 pages long story about my black Puli Crumbs about his ability to herd the chickens, his sneaky ways to steal food and how protective he was towards family members and our house and property. My teacher gave me an A+, but my friends hated me because there was not enough time left for them to read their stories.

Were you inspired by someone or something?
Growing up in Hungary greatly influenced my writing. I learned the benefits and uses of herbs from my mother and grandmother as a small child. I furthered my knowledge of Alternative Medicine by receiving a PhD in Naturopathy. My Hungarian heritage influenced my novelist side as well. In my contemporary fantasy trilogy, Ilona the Hun contains a lot of legends, historical facts and beliefs.

What do you like about writing a story?
I love using my imagination when creating a story. I ask the question “What if…” and the story, characters and scenes come to live.

Can you tell us about your book?
Two books from my Ilona the Hun trilogy, Birthright Bestowed and Secrets Revealed (available on Amazon and Barnes&Noble) the third book Destiny Altered is coming in December are based on my Hungarian heritage and working in the medical field all my life, combined with fantasy elements such as magical healing, time travel, ancient secrets and mystery with romantic love story.

What genre best fits for the book?
Contemporary fantasy, alternate history

Are you working on something new at the moment?
I started writing a ghost story after asking myself, “What if” and, “Why not?”

Do you have any tips for aspiring writers?
Follow your dreams and don’t let anyone stop you.

Where can people go to read your work?
AUTHOR WEBSITE: http://tinyurl.com/kmphe8m
FB AUTHOR PAGE: http://tinyurl.com/jwdg529
BOOK ONE OF ILONA THE HUN NOVELS:
BARNES & NOBLE: http://tinyurl.com/lllr3fk
BOOK TWO OF ILONA THE HUN NOVELS:
BARNES & NOBLE: http://tinyurl.com/mbszacr

1 comment: