Monday, January 13, 2014

Interview with John Ferris

Interview with John Ferris
Author of Orion's Belt
Birth of the Hunter

Interviewed by Author Roy Murry

Can you tell me a little about yourself?

I'm a former construction mason & carpenter. I'm a father & grandfather to the best kids out there. My passion is in motorcycles, and modern day & futuristic science.

I was a member of the Armed Forces (USN) in the early 70's. From that time, I involved myself in reading & researching different sciences throughout the world. I always had the passion for writing, but raising a daughter on my own took preference.

Back in 2010 an injury from 36 years ago forced me into retirement. That is when I started on my Sci-Fi thriller that I was dying to write.

Do you remember the first story you wrote?

Not really, in school I was really good at using my imagination in my writing in my early years.

Were you inspired by someone or something?

Oh definitely, since I was young I would read H. G. Wells, Jules Verne, Isaac Asimov, Robert Heinlein, Philip K Dick, and other renowned Science Fiction authors.

What do you like about writing a story?

I love envisioning my work on the silver screen as I write, and then even act out the character parts to reveal the intense dialogue, I bring to my readers.

Can you tell us about your book?

The book is the 1st in my trilogy series that starts with the lives of two different people who have endured separate tragedies, and then to become involved with each other to triumph as one. To emulate it all, it is a continuous thrill ride full of twists and turns that will definitely capture my way of writing.

What genre best fits your book.

Sci-Fi Fantasy thriller, no question about it.

Are you working on something new at the moment?

I'm currently working on the 3rd installment of the "ORION'S BELT" trilogy. "Full Moon Fever". The story comes full circle.

Do you have any tips for aspiring writers? 

Sure do. If you're passionate enough in what you're trying to do, then keep forging ahead. Only if the passion is what you need to portray comes out, it will sooner or later catch the interests of those who feel it too.

Where can people go to read your work?

Amazon has it in paperback & kindle. Barnes and Noble have it on Nook and Kobo.com has it on e-reader.

Do you have anything to add?

I've only just started in my journey into the literary world of Science Fiction. But my main thing is to show my beliefs and philosophy in what I write. I hope in all this it will bring an epiphany towards knowledge and reflect possibly a thought of empathy & strive for the good of all mankind. Maybe my writing will scratch part of the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment