Saturday, October 18, 2014

Review of A Tine To Live, A Tine To Die

A Tine To Live,
    A Tine To Die

Written by Edith Maxwell

Reviewed by Author Roy Murry


When I first looked at the cover, I thought, Tine & Vegetables, what do they have in common? “Tine to Live and Tine to Die,” what does this me? I am glad I looked at the book.

Food has its mysteries, but this was a murder mystery, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Having had part of my life living on a vegetable farm with my grandparents, I related to the main character’s daily endeavors albeit she is cultivating an organic farm; my grandparents did not.

Cam, the protagonist, a farm is disrupted by a violent event where a pick fork with three tines was used. The police are called, and the mystery of what had happened commences.

In a well-written story, Ms. Maxwell uses her main character to explain how organic farming is done, how she is coping with bad publicity the farm is getting over a murder on her farm, and how she is trying to unravel the mystery to save a friend.

I know the food is interesting. I eat every day LOL.  Ms. Maxwell has woven an entertaining adventure around it - a pleasant read with an exciting ending.









No comments:

Post a Comment