Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Interview with Gabriele Napierata

Interview of Gabriele Napierata: a writer, poet, painter, artist, and illustrator.

Interviewed by Author Roy Murry


Her current novel is called: Des hare pepper or Elisha's looking for the big chicken. Here is the link to my website: www.gabriele-napierata.de

Can you tell me a little about yourself?

I was born in the time of the winter storms, before the great flood in 1962 in Hamburg Germany / Kiel, in the sign of Aquarius. Since the age of four draws, and paint I still in school writing and poetry came about. It has always been my desire to speak in photos and paint with words. I wanted the people while looking at my pictures, feel emotions and that what is seen long remain in their memory, they may also sustain busy - food for thought.
Live creativity is a fundamental pillar of my life - no matter in what form, whether it is the images out of my head that is placed on paper or other support materials or thoughts are that form into words and as a poem, or even, as obtain unique shape.


Do you remember the first painting you have done?

I painted my first picture as a child. That does not count, but it was the beginning of my vocation. The image which sprang from my own imagination, painted with oil paint on a support material, was a clown with a violin in his hand. I sold it because the paint was not yet dry.

Have you been inspired by someone or something?

My grandmother had a print by Albrecht Dürer, the "Dürrerhasen." The fine art by this artist attracted me. But I was actually inspired by my parents. We had small notepads with graph paper, on the journal I was allowed to paint. If my mother painted a poodle (it was the 60s (our dog, Susi was a relic of the 50s, which itself into the next decade was able to save and served as a template) or a woman's head - even the possessed curls, my father, garages or houses drew, I was happy.

What do you think about it, if they make a painting?

Ideas come to me in many different ways.
Either shoot me a creative idea through my head that I want to capture either as an image or as a poem, novel, on paper, what happens when I let my thoughts drift or dreaming. I mostly paper and pen lying next to my bed or there is already written excitation, and then this will be implemented pictorially. Or have I done written stories or poems that need to be illustrated?

Can say something about my art?

I have developed my own style, but feel obliged figurative art, experimenting with the techniques, try my own method to continuously improve. Motion and color are important to me, or when black-and-white drawings, the shades, but in all cases, everything should appear vivid as if taken from the midst of movement and immersed in my fantasy world.

What art corresponds to your style?

I do not know. I'm trying to own statement to convey through my paintings: Paul Klee, ink drawings Gustave Doré perhaps. I also like the old outline drawings from the Struwwelpeter. Outstanding work means to me are the pastels, pencil, and ink.

What are you working at the moment?

Indeed, it is now just been working on a new project. In autumn a new work by me appears. It is the first volume of two novels by me. The work will be presented at the Frankfurt Book Fair 2014 in Frankfurt and has the name "dragon crystal and primrose, Volume 1, subtitled" "mist in the wind." Volume 2 has received the subtitle "Wind in the Mist." The plant is in the range of imagination. More poems and illustrations will be published on Facebook and can be found on my website.


1 comment: