Friday, December 6, 2019

Review of UNFREEDOM OF THE PRESS



UNFREEDOM OF THE PRESS
MARK R. LEVIN

Review by Roy Murry, Author

I have paraphrased Matthew Pressman on a history of reporting, Chapter 1: Workaday reporters (Should) had to stick to the four W's and one H; who, what, when, where, and how.  The 'why' question (Should be) was beyond their purview. I put in (Should) because I, like many non-party-aligned voting Americans, feel that way.

In our world today, this is not the modus operandi of our Main Stream Media, according to what I have taken from Mr. Levin's expose of the current reporting the news. Too many progressive ideas are embedded in news content these days.

He goes into detail as to how media treats President Donald J. Trump vs. recent past presidents, giving the pros and cons of those endeavors. Also presented in the pages of his book are some ways in which other presidents used and abused the press, leaving the reader with the thought that President Trump has not abused his power against the media.

Mr. Levin's intelligent read was sometimes above my comprehension, but educating me as I followed along. His explanations are one of the reasons I recommend UNFREEDOM OF THE PRESS to you, a free-thinking human, and particularly college students of journalism for the insight into that profession.

Purchase:  Unfreedom https://amzn.to/2ShS543

No comments:

Post a Comment