Friday, February 21, 2020

Review of LIFESPAN


LIFESPAN, Why We Age - and
Why We Don't Have To

David A. Sinclair, Ph.D.,
with Matthew D. LaPlante

Review by Author Roy Murry

This book is for the inquisitive minded person who cares about their mortality.  I take one day at a time.

However, after reading the intro, I decided to read on. I found myself in the middle of a Sinclair dissertation.

Muddling, through the molecular details he explains, I started to understand his longevity research. It took time reading the first one hundred pages, but it was worth slow read.

After that, the narrative moved along smoothly, learning how to live longer and healthier, understanding the aging process. DNA, gene, genetic material, cell division, chromosome, the tumor are not things that ordinary people, like me, think about in our daily endeavors.

Needed for this reading is some knowledge of biology. Mr. Sinclair's writing confines himself to his subject; it very difficult to put the book down when he explains his theorems, assumptions, opinions, many of which I can’t entirely agree.

However, the reading was enjoyable and eye wakening that I recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment