Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Review of HOW TO BE IDLE


HOW TO BE IDLE: A Loafer’s Manifesto

TOM HODGKINSON

Review by Roy Murry, Author

Sane is the way one would like to keep one's mind. Hodgkinson's delving into the human rationality of existence, hopefully, will lead the reader to a sounder and balanced life.

How we live, sleep, work, and go about the daily chore of surviving on planet earth can be controlled, according to his art of idling.  Many of the famous people who helped make this world a happier place to live are idlers.

Mr. Hodgkinson's (Idlers) philosophy goes against the businesses models that developed after the Industrial Revolution and the invention of the lightbulb. He gives the reader the pros and cons of idling. His view: The advantages out weight the negatives.

Tom's writing is insightful, funny, and convincing. I got an education and found out I am somewhat an idler.

I read this book twice and recommend it highly. I assure you, the reader will be impressed with the premise and may become an IDLER, as I will be for the rest of my life.

I am 73 years old as of this review, and idled in New Orleans for four full days – loved it.

Purchase: How to be Idle https://amzn.to/3B6Z7MI

 





No comments:

Post a Comment