Saturday, February 25, 2023

Review of THE BODY KEEPS THE SCORE


THE BODY KEEPS THE SCORE

Brain, Mind, and Body

in the Healing of Trauma

BESSEL VAN DER KOLK, M. D.

 

Review by Author Roy Murry

 


This review is one of 61,471 on Amazon, some of which read like term papers. So, my review will be short; I am not one of Bessel’s colleagues. LOL.

However, I agree that it is a good read for psychiatrists and people caring for trauma patients. In addition, the general public with an Inquisitive Mind, like myself and my followers, will enjoy the education about trauma.

Although Bessel uses the word I too much, he and his cohorts have made significant accomplishments in treating trauma: PTSD in veterans and children, rape victims, and criminals. He does admit that human nature, as it is, will not change; therefore, trauma cases will always manifest.

Treating them is the problem—the questions: how, who, what, when, and why come into question.

If you have time to read five hundred pages of a dissertation, I recommend this book for its readable content that will surprise you.

 

Purchase: https://amzn.to/3KySFFF

No comments:

Post a Comment